Saturday, September 6, 2008

Alexis Cheyenne's Journey Into This World

On the evening of Sept. 3rd. Kimberly took 4 Tablespoons of Castor Oil.
I won't go into detail on how well that went down!...lol
Sept. 4th anxiously waiting for something to happen.
Sept. 6th, at 2:28am our little angel made her grand appearance into this world!!
She weighed 7 lbs. 15 oz. and was 20" long.
Notice how her appearance changes by the hour as you look at the pictures!




Holding Grandma's finger for the first time!









Of course Grandma is proud!!!!!!!!!!

Daddy got his little girl that he always wanted!
What a long day! Mom and dad are tuckered out and taking a nap
while Grandma watches the baby.
Just look at that head of hair!
Stay tuned for more pictures as she grows. I had one of all three of them on here but it somehow disappeared from this page!
She has managed to be given several pet names already!
*China Doll
*Little Burrito (because they wrap her up like one)
*Little Indian (her daddy has Indiana in him and with her thick black hair and complexion, she looks like a little Indian.)
She is so adorable regardless! And she is such a good baby so far. We ask that you keep her in your prayers. Kimberly has the Group B Strep or whatever it is they call it, and she was supposed to have 4 hours of IV antibiotics before the baby was born so that it would not be passed on to the baby. Well she didn't give us 4 hours, so Kimberly only had 1 hour of antibiotics. They said that if her blood work comes back tomorrow showing that she does have it, then she will not get to come home with mom on Monday. She would have to stay in the hospital and be put on antibiotics. Please help us pray that she does NOT have it. We want to bring our little angel home with us Monday.
Thank you to those of you who have prayed for Kimberly during this pregnancy. She was a trooper through the whole thing and went through it all natural. By the time the Anesthesiologist got the Epidural line in her spine, her water broke and she was already 10cm before he could give her anything. 4 contractions and the baby was out! It was such a beautiful site to behold!
For some reason I'm just not feeling the actual reality that I am a grandma!!!!!...LOL Kimberly said it hasn't hit her yet that Alexis is actually her daughter!..LOL So we are all still in a state of shock! It seemed like just yesterday I brought Kimberly home from the hospital, and now here she is having her own baby. It does not seem possible!
I am soooooooo looking forward to when she and the baby will be spending a few months with us while Alex is deployed. Please keep him in your prayers as well, as he faces future challenges with his deployment. He is already dreading his departure and leaving his wife and little one.
(((Grandma Hugs)))
Rhonda

6 comments:

Classy Lady said...

The pic of you holding your sweet baby, I know the feeling and the smile.
Isn't it wonderful!
JoEllen & I weren't making things up huh?
Enjoy!
Sharon

Anonymous said...

wonderfull!!! congrats,
And thank you for sharing this all with me/us. As I won't have any childeren of my own I always enjoy so much when I can "share" this amazing "event" with others.

marrije

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to everyone!! Love all that black hair! Glad she came soon after you got there so now you can have lots of time together. She's beautiful!

tacomom said...

That was my thought too, Lynette. Rhonda was lucky Alexis cooperated so well!

Rhonda, tell Kimberly there are days that it still boggles my brain to think I am a mother of three! Even after all these years :) We'll be praying that all goes well with the Strep B stuff. I had that with Kerrigan. I must have JUST gotten it all in my system b/c she was born 4 hrs and some odd minutes after I got there. I didn't even know I had it until they started putting it in my I.V.

tacomom said...

P.S. Wish I'd though to send her gift with you. But it's not newborn so it'll work when they get here in Indiana.

Rhonda said...

Sara, & Lynette,
Alex kept telling me that she was going to come on Labor Day weekend and I told him no she's not, she's waiting on Grandma to get out here! And sure enough, I was right!...LOL I was also right about her hair color too. I told him that she was going to have a head full of jet black hair and he said, no it will be dark brown. OH! And I also told them that she would already be 10cm dilated as soon as they got done putting the Epidural line in too and sure enough, I was right on that one too! You'd think he'd listen to his mother-in-law once in awhile!...LOL

As of right now they are planning on being in Indiana on the week of the 12th next month, but they will most likely be staying at the Lemires house since Alex has not gotten to see much of his family since he's been in the Marines. But I think they are planning to come to our church one Sunday and the Lemires church the other Sunday. BUT............anything can change with the Marines. They have already changed his departure date for his deployment to Nov.1 so we'll see how soon these plans get changed.